Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How I Wish He'd See It

I had another disagreement with my father ,Willie, on the way to Barnes & Noble this afternoon.
I don't know if it has anything to do with his Eastern European heritage or his age but all I hear is complaining.
He complains about his part time job.
He complains about his health.

He always does this in the car when he's driving.

I say he should be thankful he has work, even if it is part time.
He is the healthiest "80 something" year old I know.

OK so he's never been "money rich".
He has two daughters.
He has two grandchildren (my 2 children).
He has a wife who has taken care of him for 50 years.

Why is he so insistent on seeing life as "half empty"?

It used to discourage me and I have learned how not to let it get to me.
He is who he is.
I just wish he'd see how blessed he is.

(sigh) maybe tomorrow...................